Living in the Mountain South
There have been many books written about the Southern Appalachia area, but few have uncovered what it really means to live the "Mountain South." In many ways, it's more of a state of mind as opposed to a place or a location on a map. To live in an area that is truly magnificent, where you can look out and see a part of the earth that is as old as time itself and as beautiful as you can imagine. To have four distinct seasons to heighten the senses year-round; to be tucked away in convenient seclusion.
With our central US location, mild southern mountain climate, and breathtaking scenery, there are endless opportunities to explore the lifestyle you desire!
Whether it's Outdoor Recreation, Regional Entertainment, or Local Festivals you're looking for, we've got it all!
- Golf Courses – Our region was ranked #2 out of 330 for the best golf by Golf Digest, 2005. Criteria for ranking was based on weather, course access, course quality and value. Among the premiere courses located in Kingsport are Crockett Ridge Golf Course, Warrior's Path Golf Course, Ridgefields Country Club and Cattails at Meadowview.
- Hiking & Biking – Kingsport Greenbelt Fitness Trail, Virginia Creeper Trail, Appalachian Trail
- Boating & Fishing - Patrick Henry Lake, South Holston Lake, Watauga Lake, Boone Lake
- Fly-Fishing – We're blessed with two of the most productive tailwaters in the country, the Watauga and South Holston rivers. Other productive streams
include Beaver Dam Creek, Laurel Creek, Stony Creek, and the Doe River
- Snow Skiing – Beech Mountain, Wolf Laurel, Hawks Nest
- Bristol Motor Speedway
- Warrior's Path State Park
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- National Forests and Wildlife Management Areas
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park